Why you need a Workers' Compensation Attorney
You need a workers' compensation attorney or lawyer for the following reasons:
- If you have been injured on the job or had a work accident, you're probably entitled to money and medical benefits. A workers' compensation lawyer can ensure you get the benefits you're entitled to.
- New Mexico's workers' compensation system is complicated and can be overwhelming. This is especially true for injured workers dealing with the physical, emotional and financial aftermath of a work injury. A first-rate workers' compensation lawyer can get you the workers' compensation benefits you deserve as quickly as possible.
- Workers' compensation insurers have lawyers advising from the start of a claim. You need an advocate who will fight for you.
- The workers' compensation insurer denies benefits. Once the insurer denies any benefits, you need a lawyer. It is rare that an unrepresented injured can get denied benefits reinstated unfortunately.
- You're unsure you're getting the workers' compensation benefits you're entitled to. If you think that the workers' compensation insurer is shortchanging you, you need a lawyer.
- You have a pre-existing condition. A pre-existing medical condition or injury does not automatically preclude you from workers' compensation benefits. However, workers' compensation insurers will deny benefits merely because an injured worker has a pre-existing medical condition or injury.
- The work injury requires long-term medical care and/or long-term disability benefits. Workers' compensation insurers will often make it difficult for injured workers to get the medical care they need to recover and return to work. The insurer may deny medical treatment, but more often they will delay approval of medical benefits hoping you'll give up and go away. If this happens, the only solution is to retain a good workers' compensation lawyer.
- You have a severe injury. Severe or complex work injuries require lots of expensive medical care. Workers' compensation insurers can often make it difficult to get the treatment you need to minimize their costs. If you have a severe or complicated work injury, you need a workers' compensation attorney to fight for you.
- You think you're being treated unfairly or the adjuster is ignoring you. If this is happening to you, the only way to make sure you're treated fairly and that you get the adjuster's full attention is to hire a workers' compensation lawyer. Unfortunately, workers' compensation insurers get serious about your case only after a lawyer has sued them.
- There are deadlines that will hurt your case if you miss them. A good lawyer will make sure that you meet all deadlines in your workers' compensation case.
- The workers' compensation insurer has made a settlement offer. Insurer's want to get rid of cases and will rush injured workers to take a settlement that is too low. Only a workers' compensation attorney can tell you if a settlement offer is fair and in your best interests.
- You don't know if you can file for workers' compensation benefits in New Mexico. A workers' compensation lawyer can tell you if you actually have a New Mexico workers' compensation claim. Filing in the wrong state can delay resolution of your case and even cause you to lose your claim altogether,
I'VE REPRESENTED INJURED WORKERS IN NEW MEXICO SINCE 1995. I HAVE THE EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE TO EVALUATE YOUR WORKERS' COMPENSATION CASE AND GIVE YOU THE COMMONS SENSE LEGAL ADVICE YOU NEED. CALL ME PLEASE.