It's a new year. So, I thought I'd list, again, what you need to do right away if you hurt yourself at work.
- Get emergency care IMMEDIATELY if you need it.
- As soon as you can, tell your supervisor you hurt yourself at work and want to file a workers' compensation claim.
- If your work injuries prevent from telling your employer of your work accident, ask a family member, co-worker, or friend to tell your employer. If you don't properly tell your employer about your work accident and work injuries, you may lose your workers' compensation benefits.
- Once you have told your employer about your work injury, ask your supervisor or the manager who handles workers' compensation claims where you should go for medical treatment.
- Go to of your doctors' appointments and follow your doctors' directions.
- If you miss more than a week of work, you are entitled to workers' compensation money benefits for your work injuries.
- If the workers' compensation insurer refuses to pay money benefits or provide medical benefits, you should call a lawyer immediately.
The longer you wait to call a lawyer, the longer it will take to get your workers' compensation benefits. My phone number is 505 292-8836.